My portfolio has recorded over 80% cumulative return since the inception within 2 years. I'm quite proud of myself; however, my wife does not seem to understand the significance of this achievement. In fact, she has provided me an even more challenging quest recently: to approach $100,000 in net equity by the end of this year. She will then finally admit that I'm actually good at investing.
I accepted the challenge after all, just to win her approval. Let's see how much profit I'll have to make... My total net equity, including the portfolio above, currently sits around $70,000. To reach $100,000, I'll have to make about $30,000 annual gain. Jeez, that's about half of my income...
Recording $30,000 gain in a year with less than $50,000 portfolio is definitely not a easy task, especially for an investor with a long-term investment horizon; however, I still have hopes, wishing the following:
(1) Willplus Holding Corp. (3538, Tokyo Stock Exchange) shift its listing from Tokyo Stock Exchange Section 2 to Section 1.
- The shift to exchange with higher liquidity generally has a positive impact on stock price. If I'm lucky enough, Willplus's stock price could go double if the shift happened. I will explain the details in my future article.
(2) The gold price goes above $1800/ounce.
- According to Avi Gilburt, only analyst I follow in terms of the gold market, there is a good chance that the gold can reach $1800/ounce this year. I don't make an investment decision based on his advise, however, it'd be nice if this actually happened. The stock price of Gran Colombia Gold (GCM, Toronto Stock Exchange), one of my holdings, could increase more than double if this happened.
- Based on the valuation analysis I posted earlier, CVS could be valued over 70% higher than the current price if the acquisition goes through. I do not expect the stock price to go up so violently right after the acquisition, it'd be nice if it happened since I hold two call options of CVS.
Let's see if any of the above happens this year and if I could conquer my quest.
If interested, please subscribe to my blog and stay tuned!